This month, we’re excited to launch our Open Access flyer - a new, versatile resource to help engage more students on your campus on the important issue of access to research. Ready to be posted around campus or used as a leave-behind, this short handout was designed to be a flexible tool in getting students’ attention and raising awareness of Open Access.
We can’t wait to see all the ways students will use the new flyer, but to kick things off, we’ve come up with our own top ten uses:
1. Post it up on bulletin boards around the library and on campus, especially to raise awareness about Open Access related events or during Open Access Week.
2. Set up a table in the middle of campus and pass them out along with our other swag, which you can order from our resources page.
3. Bring copies to meetings with your student government, campus organizations, professors, administrators, and others as a leave behind.
4. Distribute to classes, especially those with an emphasis on research.
5. Give them out at meetings of any disciplinary organization that you're a part of.
6. Distribute it at conferences by putting it out on an appropriate table, putting it in conference goodie bags, or handing it out in person.
7. If you’re doing active research, forward the flyer to members of your research group and let them know that you want to make any resulting articles openly available so they can be read and cited more often.
8. Post the flyer to your website or to the website of any organizations of which you are a member to show your support for Open Access.
9. Remix it! Download our customizable version of the flyer and use it as a base to create a unique version for your campus or your organization and make your own case for why Open Access is important.
10. Help us reach as many students as possible by posting a link to this flyer on your Facebook, Twitter, or other social medical accounts.
Just like everything else our coalition produces, the flyer carries a CC-BY 3.0 license, so feel free to reproduce, reuse, and remix it as much as you’d like. As we continue to expand our toolkit for engaging students on Open Access, we hope this will be a powerful resource in starting conversations, raising awareness, and continuing to grow the student voice of the Open Access movement.
If you have any comments, feedback, or ideas for future versions of the flyer, please leave them in the comment section below.
3 comment(s) on this page. Add your own comment below.